Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Oldies Night

The snack bar evening shift. Usually the same old, same old. Not tonight. I had Oldies music, and was not afraid to use it. Beach Boys, Monkees, Elvis, Chuck Berry- even Bob Dylan and a little Beatles. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision to have a themed night, but I knew we could pull it off.

We needed decorations. I ran to the warehouse, got some cardboard, printed off text in a 1950s-syle font, which read: "Tooth of Time Treats" , glued it all together, and created... a hat! Yes, it looked like the drive-in hats from the 50s (or the modern-day Steak and Shake hats). All I needed were rollerskates... I made a duplicate gave it to my co-worker, and went to work.

People seemed to 1.) understand the theme (which is half the battle) and 2.) enjoy it; there was lots of singing and dancing. The only thing missing was a big neon sign, spelling out "Tooth of Time Treats" in bold, cursive writing. I keep bugging my manager to put it on his list for things to improve the snack bar. He told me, "Do you know how much that would cost?" I idiotically responded, "I don't know, like $2. Maybe $20". He said, "Try adding some more zeroes." (I don't know if he meant before or after the decimal point.)

No comments:

Post a Comment