Monday, August 2, 2010

July 30

Day one with the padres. Santa Fe. Got to sleep in this morning- a very rare occasion. We ate breakfast down the street from our hotel at a restaurant called "Bagelmania". I had an awesome meal- eggs (over-hard- the way I like 'em), ham, freshly baked bagels, hash browns and pancakes.

We started walking around downtown Santa Fe. Our first stop was the Palace of the Governors (from the 1600s), followed by the Museum of New Mexico. Interesting stuff- the museum setup was interactively amazing.

The Cathedral of St. Francis of Assisi was, for my second time, a nice visit. I loved the baptismal font.

The "Miraculous Staircase" is still standing too. I took the parents to see it.

Shops, galleries, and vendors line the streets. Lots of stuff to look at. I had to stop myself from entering some shops, because I knew I would break merchandise...

Outside an art gallery...

Lunch was good. The "Plaza Cafe Restaurant" served American and Mexican. I had a milkshake and Santa Fe chicken (considering I was in Santa Fe).

After our walking excursion, we rested at the hotel. For a while. I didn't want to stop resting, but I needed to go to Wal-Mart. We purchased some milk and cereal for breakfast the next day, and I picked out some sunglasses (they're silver, not gold). Heading to Taos tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoying your blog of Philmont-tremendously. You are a wonderful tour guide! Your parents look like they are thrilled! Tell 'em I said "HI!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I saw a pig just like that in France, although water was spewing from it in a fountain...They said if you rub the snout it is good luck! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like it- I'm sure France was wonderful as well. I'll let my parents know you said hello- I guess my mom has good luck!

    ReplyDelete