Saturday, July 31, 2010

July 29

Today, my parents were due in to pick me up. I worked the morning so I could meet them in the evening. The usual monsoon blew through camp at about 1 p.m. The sky was divided; one side dark, the other light. I took a panoramic picture. Luckily, the rain wasn't as bad as it looked and the storm passed over quickly.

During my lunch break, I cleaned my tent (to make it look presentable for when Mommy and Daddy arrived) and packed. I also decorated. My tent now features homemade art from talented artists who send me their work in the mail. Oh, yeah. I'm the cot on the right, by the way...

I have a couple days off (starting tomorrow), so after work I met my parents and showed them around base camp. I showed them where I work, introduced them to who I work with, and took them to my tent. We wrapped up the night with a steak dinner at the St. James Hotel in Cimarron. The food was amazing (as usual); my mom and dad really enjoyed the cozy, western atmosphere.

From there we went to Santa Fe, some two hours away. Our lodging is very nice. But it's time for bed. Lots to do tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment