Saturday, August 7, 2010

August 6

Two years ago today, I set foot on Philmont for the first time. It's hard to believe- years ago... At work, I was on register when two Scouts came up to check out. I asked them if they just got in today (8-06-10). They said yes. I asked them what their crew number was. One told me, "I don't remember. It's "C" something." It was 806-C! The same crew number my crew had in 2008. I told them to have a fun trek, that I was them two years ago. They promised they would.



Earlier this morning, I played catch with my friend. I've been wanting to pass a football for a while, and this morning was the first time both of us had off. See, he's got the football. We talked NFL for a while, then I practiced the Lambeau Leap in preparation for the Green Bay Packers season.

At lunch, the trading post staff crowded around the table to catch a glimpse of the new edition of the PhilNews, Philmont's newspaper. The article about our department was finally published. It wasn't very good... it was actually quite bad. But that's OK. I had the pleasure of editing the whole thing- it let out my frustration and allowed for me to brush up on my grammar skills.

Later that night, a friend and I decided to make new photo ID's. For the past few days, management had been telling us to not to put anything on our name tags. We wanted to see if they'd notice...

It's hard to get up in the morning for work. Sometimes, you just gotta make it worth your while.

No comments:

Post a Comment