Friday, August 6, 2010

August 5

I worked afternoon shift in the store today. We're running out of stock on many of our clothing items and other merchandise. After working in the store for a while, I stocked and re-organized the beverage cooler in the snack bar. It was a mess... now it's how I like it.

Before dinner, it started to monsoon outside- heavy rain. The "first dinner" crew ran over to the dining hall (without rain gear). As soon as we walked in, the power went out. Dining hall staff scrambled for the styrofoam plates and plastic forks, as we waited in line. It was OK, though. At least we didn't have to deal with no power in the trading post. Paper and pencil, calculators, and flashlights- not fun with a line of irritated people.

Toward the end of my shift, I became all peopled out. So I hid from customers. I was sick of people complaining about the power outage and our hours of operation. It was good to close the store tonight...

And when we closed, I got to present a clinic on performance apparel, layering, and the pros/cons of different materials. It was pretty much a short video intended to inform future crews of the clothing they will need on the trail. I'll post the link to the finished product when the News and Photo Service is done editing it. It will be on the Philmont's Youtube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment