Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August 3



Because I helped out in the snack bar last night (and did some restocking), I had a head start on my work this morning. There were no shipments coming in today, what we had was already stocked, and we had twice cleaned the whole snack bar. I hate to say it, but we really had nothing to do. And business was slow.

My 70s-80s rock music was playing. I found a microphone and speaker system under the counter. I had an idea- we could make our own radio show. So during our slow spells, I began to announce music- songs we played, and artists coming up. I even did a weather report and made up a commercial. One lady I work with came in and thought it was a legitimate radio show. I went by the DJ name Aaron Sanders and called the station WPSR, Philmont Radio. When I was informed that Brett Favre was expected to retire (again), I broke the news. It was all good until the microphone stopped working...

After work, I did laundry, ate supper, and got free ice cream at the Staff Activities Center (SAC). And actually went to be early!

1 comment:

  1. You are too much, Aaron! Enjoying your blog, tremendously!

    ReplyDelete