Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Reverse Church

After work, I thought I should go to Mass, considering it was Saturday evening, I was off, and I wasn't going to be off tomorrow. I walked over to the Catholic chapel, dropped my laptop off in the trading post (for safe keeping) and made it in time for Mass. I sat, without a jacket of any kind, and listened to the new priest introduce himself and all our visitors. It had been cloudy all day, but I was not concerned about a little rain. I could handle it.

It began to drizzle. I was fine. It picked up a little more. Still OK. About every five minutes, the precipitation increased, until, after the Gospel, It started to downpour. The priest invited us under the cover of the chapel pavilion.
We all graciously accepted and piled in behind the altar. The priest stood on the other side of the altar, and we continued Mass in reverse as a herd of Protestants ran by. They have no pavilion, just a completely open outdoor chapel. I guess their service was cut a little short...

No comments:

Post a Comment