Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 18

This morning, we slept in. After breakfast, which was again provided by our hosts, we ended up watching "Bee Movie" (a children's animation with Jerry Seinfeld and Ben Stiller).

Our original plan was to visit Colorado Springs, but we instead headed downtown to the Denver REI, one of REI's flagship stores (it's impressive). It used to be an old warehouse. REI purchased it about ten years ago and renovated it into the store it is today.


(If the camera was a roller coaster...)

After REI, we searched Denver for a good, local place to eat lunch. We finally settled on a place called Pasquini's Pizzeria.

I sampled a local Colorado root beer called Boylan.

The root beer was just as tasty as their awesome bread sticks. And their pizza surpassed my expectations.

Later, the four of us went shopping. I had to get a secret Santa gift for our staff dinner this week. While exploring the Castle Rock Outlets, I found the perfect gift. I also found this ridiculous-looking bear at a candy store...

We all went to Red Robin for dinner. It was my first time to a Red Robin, a fun, casual, sit-down restaurant chain that serves unlimited fries. None of us were very hungry (the pizza from lunch was quite filling), so we all got appetizers and milkshakes.



I noticed the Red Robin staff going around the restaurant singing "Happy Birthday" to guests. The birthday recipient was awarded a balloon and ice cream sundae. I was in a crazy mood and secretly told the waiter that my friend's birthday was coming up. (Well, it was- in about 11 months...) They came and sang to her. She was surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment