Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 28

Work today was very interesting. It began with a couple Scouts informing me there was a sickly raccoon, lying under the tree in front of the trading post. Upon further investigation, the raccoon exhibited unnatural, drowsy behavior and ended up climbing a tree. So we left it alone.

Later, after a gentleman complained of a possibly rabid raccoon in our front yard, me and a co-worker were instructed to baby-sit the raccoon (keep campers away) until security arrived. I approached the animal and it again climbed the tree. Like a drunken sloth, the raccoon struggled to scale the huge tree. He slipped, dangled, hung, and finally fell asleep on a branch.

I went back in the store, and we were so busy that we blew bubbles. (My gracious aunt and young cousins sent me three bottles of bubbles in a care package). Then, I came up with an idea. I distributed the bubbles to my manager and another co-worker and we put them in front of the fan. Bubbles were floating all over the store.



After work, there was a live performance by Ry Taylor, a local musician whose father is a local celebrity cowboy. Unlike his country father, Ry played some acoustic rock. It was entertaining- I talked to some participants from Albuquerque as he played.

Later, we had "Rock Night" at the snack bar. Employees dressed crazily and we played some classic rock. A good time was had by all...

And the raccoon came back at night. Unfazed by humans, it walked in circles and did laps around the patio. Security caught him and released him at an undisclosed location.

No comments:

Post a Comment