Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 13

Work was at 7 a.m. I got up at 6:30, and I guess went back to sleep- until 6:57 when my kind tent mate informed me that I had three minutes to get to work. I made it. Haven't been late yet. At work, we were pretty slow, so our manager decided to pick a random customer and pretend it was his birthday.

We found a lone scout wandering the store. I asked him his name- he said it was Michael- from San Antonio, Texas. Minutes later, I stood up on the register counter and had the whole store join me in singing "Happy Birthday". Then we herded him over the ice cream machine for a free ice cream cone. I made it- it was a foot tall. In case you were wondering, Michael's birthday is in January. He told us, "I don't know what to say- but thanks".

Later, I had my mid-season evaluation with my manager. I'm still employed here, so I guess it went pretty well. They still like me. After the eval, I went to the Western dance. I'm getting better at the Texas two-step. Forgot my camera though...

2 comments:

  1. My birthday's coming up later this month, so you should have a tall ice cream cone in honor of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I will. It will be delicious.

    ReplyDelete