Saturday, June 19, 2010

June 18





I slept in the infamous "hammock" at Cimarroncito. It's just a big old cargo net suspended between several trees. It was surprisingly comfortable and I was able to sleep through the night under the stars in my sleeping bag. After breakfast (on June 18), we set out for Cito Turnaround, where our "get-away" vehicle was. We stopped at Hunting Lodge (Waite Phillips' actual 1920's era hunting cabin) along the way. We also passed Cathedral Rock, the rock formation behind the lake in the photo. When I arrived at base camp, it felt good to shower after a few days and finally do my laundry- I did three loads and dried my clothes in and outside my tent. They dried in no time in this New Mexico sun. Later I attended a Gregory (backpack manufacturer) clinic, learned how to fit packs, and won a free t-shirt. Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment