Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Senator Aaron Loncki

In my final evaluation last week (which went well), there was a section dedicated to "comments". I filled it up. All of it. I tried to set myself up for the position of Snack Bar Manager, citing the fact that I shadowed the current manager and taught myself the job. I also included that my experience in the Senate, serving on the Agriculture and Small Business committees, qualified me for the position.

I knew management from the trading post would read the evaluation- and they did. The store director thought it was amusing, so by the end of the day, management was calling me "Senator".

When I went to check out with two friends at the registration office, the lady behind the counter gave us papers and had us sign forms. Amidst the paperwork, she got a phone call. It was my boss, the store director at the trading post.

"Hi, Shelley!"
"Good, how are you?"
"Yes, he's right in front of me."

There was a pause.

"What? He's a senator?! Well, then..."

She saluted me as I laughed. I thought it was pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment