Wednesday, September 8, 2010

August 23

Got up at 6:30 a.m. Bags were packed. Had a quick breakfast.

Said goodbyes again.

And boarded the shuttle to ABQ.

Got to the airport. Sent this guy off to South Africa.

And we waited for our flights. It was scheduled to depart at 2:10 p.m., but was running 40 minutes late.

At last, the plane landed. I said goodbye for the last time and boarded. I'd be back in Pennsylvania by the end of the day... or so I thought. As it turns out,the Delta flight I was on was leaking hydraulic fluid from the landing gear. So, the pilot informed us the flight was delayed until the leak could be fixed. We would all miss our connecting flights. Wonderful.

The flight ended up being canceled. I signed up for the 6 a.m. flight out in the morning. Delta put me up in a hotel for the night, gave me some meal tickets, and I was off. In the shuttle to the hotel, I met a Native American band and a grumpy middle-aged couple on their way to Hawaii. Then at the hotel, there was an old man from Michigan who was involved with the Order of the Arrow, Scouting's honor society. He invited me to go to Burger King for dinner, but I declined. I was tired- of not sleeping, people, and airports.

After a few phone calls and some rest, I walked like five blocks to Applebees for dinner. I was all alone, but the waiter- Carl- was really good. I should have been in Pennsylvania by now. THANKS, DELTA! 4 a.m. wake up call in the morning. Let's try this flying business again.

No comments:

Post a Comment