Monday, August 16, 2010

August 14

We're getting better at finding things to do at work.

Today was the last day for arriving crews. Now we just have to deal with campers coming off the trail. Hopefully, they'll shower before they come to shop.

After work, our store director hosted a staff party at her home down the street. It was a relaxing time. Burgers, games and relaxation. There was even a pinata. It felt good to be at a cookout- there's not as many summer picnics out here like there are back home.

After the party, I went to my tent and found my tent mate had moved out. He's still at Philmont, just moved to another tent. I didn't understand- my feet didn't smell... Oh, well. Late that night, one of my friends moved in.

As we sat on the cots talking, I noticed something crawling across the wall behind me- a gigantic spider. I was pretty spooked. As I sat there, frozen, my friends took care of it. (I got a picture though.) Before sleeping, I checked my bed- and everything else- to make sure the spider didn't have any friends with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment