Thursday, August 12, 2010

August 9

People are starting to leave. The season's winding down and the number of staff is slowly decreasing. This week, the trading post will lose four employees. The first leaves tomorrow.

At work today, a friend came up to me and asked, "What ever happened to the trading post staff t-shirt? Are we getting one?" (See, there was a t-shirt design competition last month, and only one good design was submitted. Nothing has happened since). So my friend (the designer) and I asked the store director. She said if we took the reins, we could order t-shirts. Little did I know how much trouble it would be.

Before I knew it, people were critiquing the proposed design and submitting new ones. Everyone had an opinion- "We need BSA 100 on it" and "I don't like the graphic on the front". I stuck with the original design. They had their chance to submit designs. I told the opposition, "If you don't like the design, then don't get one". At the same time, many co-workers liked the simple design and vintage feel. Hopefully, we'll order them and get them in before everyone leaves.

Later that night, outside on the snack bar patio, a group of us sat and conversed. I grew tired of listening, so I sneaked away, climbed an apple tree to get onto the roof, and gathered some apples. I targeted a friend and must have hit him 20 times- over half hit him on the head. It was fun until they started throwing back...

No comments:

Post a Comment