Sunday, August 8, 2010

August 7

Last night, I couldn't wait to go to work. This morning, I wanted to stay in bed. I was tired, but it was worth getting up to sport my new name tag. At first, a few co-workers noticed, then the word got around. Customers, on the other hand, were mostly oblivious. But some young participants noticed and liked it. One guy told me that I looked like Jim Carrey in my picture. He was dead serious. I told him, "I get that a lot".

After lunch, we cleaned the washeteria (laundromat). We took our time so we didn't have to go back to the store- it was dead today. We ended up hanging out for a while. Later, I decided to remove the picture. Not because my manager told me to- he thought it was pretty funny- but because I didn't want to get him in trouble with the higher-ups.

After work, I went to the First Annual Staff Phil-Carnival. There was popcorn, cotton candy, snow cones, games, prizes, and much more... It was a good time. Dinner followed- steaks and cordon bleu. Probably the best dining hall dinner I've had all summer.

I ended the night with an Oreo blizzard. Finally, I got the right mix of Oreo chunks, ice cream, and vanilla powder. It was good. I went to bed early- I didn't want to write, read, or listen to music like I usually do. Just laid down and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment