Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 23


I had a day off today. I convinced my friend/assistant manager to drive to Taos, about an hour west of camp. We found another passenger (more gas money) and were off. After walking around the many specialty shops in Taos, we went to a great place for lunch- Pizza Out Back- where I had an awesome chicken and veggie calzone. Then I had a chance to go to Wal-Mart. I purchased some new socks to aid in the recovery of my feet (which is going very well). The socks feel great. With time to spare, we decided to catch a movie. I wanted to see Toy Story 3, but it wasn't playing for another hour. We asked a clerk at the theater what we could do for an hour. His response: "There are three things to do in Taos: shop, see a movie, and go to the park." We decided to go for a walk, found a Baskin Robbins ice cream joint, and I got a "America's Birthday Cake" ice cream cone in early celebration of the Fourth of July. I felt more patriotic with each bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment